Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fitness Apps I Love

This will be a VERY short post.  I just wanted to let you all in on a couple of fitness apps and sites that I've been using for a while now and I LOVE EM!!!  I highly encourage you to get on them and put them to work for your fitness.



The first one is called Lose It www.loseit.com 


If you are trying to lose weight, track calories and even to log basic exercise calories burned this app is priceless.  You log what you eat, your workouts (everything from running and weight lifting down to yard work and playing with your kids) and it will track your progress.  You get rewards for progress and you can even motivate each other to keep working hard.  I'm on there under my name (Tony Peters) if you want to look me up and join my community.

Lose It! Has both Android and Apple versions of their app available for mobile tracking.

The second site that I'm just loving is www.WeightTraining.com


These guys don't have an Android app available yet but they do have the iPhone one.  I just use the website to log my progress and weight lifting workouts.  I've loved seeing how much total weight I'm lifting and my weekly progress.  Plus it's fun to 'high five' each other on workouts.  

Some of the features that I particularly like is the "Fitness Report Card", the communities and the different challenges that you can follow.  All are part of the free membership.

I'm listed on there as tpete, so if you join, look me up and we can challenge each other and 'high five' our progress.

Good luck in your efforts to become more physically fit, and if you find something that you really like, please comment here and we can post it to share with everybody!!

NO FEAR - NO WHINING - NO REGRETS

1 comment:

  1. Other apps that I've used and written about on this site include:

    Runkeeper (www.runkeeper.com) you can find me there as: Anthony Peters

    Endomondo

    Backpacker GPS

    Pandora (you have to have good music and Pandora lets you select a style you like and they'll match it with other similar artists)

    TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE USING!!!

    ReplyDelete