Thursday, February 23, 2012

In the October General Conference of 2008, Elder James Hamula stated the following "Now my young friends of the Aaronic Priesthood, you are the valiant and noble sons of our Father! You are the strength of his house, you are his WARRIORS".

That statement really struck a chord with me.  That word WARRIOR stuck in my brain and when the talk was published I noticed a footnote next to this word that led to D&C 101:55 and D&C 105: 16.  They both are almost identical in their wording and say "...the strength of my house, my WARRIORS, my young men, and they that are middle aged..." these WARRIORS are to do the work of the Lord on the earth...in other words; it's you and it's me and all the brethren of the priesthood.  We are his WARRIORS.

So what does that mean?




That is the purpose of this blog. To introduce you and me to the concept of being a Righteous Warrior in the service of the Lord.  I call us the Special Ops Forces (SOF) of the Lord.  We are extraordinary and I intend to illustrate why, how and what we can do to live up to that incredible expectation. I want to help you be a WARRIOR.

I hope that you can find these things I present here useful.  I've done everything I'll describe here by trial and error and it has blessed my life in myriad ways.  Life truly is an adventure, one that should be lived fully.

So stick with me and together, as brothers, we will walk the warrior path...

No comments:

Post a Comment