- He spoke about real armor on people, vehicles and fortifications then compared that to the spiritual armor that we must dress in daily.
- He shared his insights on war and what we learn about it from the Book of Mormon.
- He told us that all warfare, physical and spiritual, boils down to battles over agency. The ability to choose liberty and happiness or bondage and death.
- He described the awesome feeling of walking out on the flight lines and seeing Moroni's Title of Liberty stenciled on the side of an Apache Attack helicopter! THAT'S COOL!
- He talked about the YM being today's Strippling Warriors in these spiritual battles.
- He noted that we are all veterans. We all fought in the war that began in heaven. When he said this a YM behind me said to his Dad that this life on earth must be our "second deployment" then because that battle is still waging. How awesome was that!
I had a couple of thoughts of my own that I noted.
- To ARMOR UP! Requires true and honest daily prayer and scripture study. Especially in the Book of Mormon.
- If the YM are the Stripling Warriors of today...doesn't that make the adult leaders the Helaman's, Moroni's, Teancum's and Lehi's of today?